Thursday, August 7, 2008

A trip to Bangalore

Weeks went by without notice. I have begun to think of why i am here. Why should i work hard? Where are those days we had an absolute harmony? My heart asked me what makes me happy. Train of thoughts..Finally i have decided to meet my close friends who are not with me ,but near by heart and far by geography.

This happened on Thursday evening. If i have to book train i have only one day remaining.I called couple of my friends to join. But it was so crude to ask them to accompany without prior planning. I decided to leave alone and told my friends especially Sen that i am coming. I made a call to my parents and said i am leaving to bangalore on friday evening. I convinced my mother but my father was little worried about the bomb blasts that happened previous week. But i have already made my mind and said him that i will be safe.

I boarded the train "Mysore Express" just in time. My calculations went wrong when i learnt that each section contains 9 berths. I got middle berth which is supposed to be Side Upper if each section contains 8 berths. I waited for TTR. I showed my ticket and went to sleep.But i didnt. How in earth one would sleep if he ought to know that he has to wake at 3:00 AM if he has to get down the train in time.I reached Krishnarajapuram and i got down the train. I personally dont like to wake people during sleep. Even during semesters i have let many people to sleep. :-)

The previous day Sen gave me a clear idea of where his home is and thanks to google maps using using which i took a print of the area. I came out of the station, i started to walk with the help of map. I was alone. Vehicles went past, fast back and forth. I gave a ring to Senthil and dropped the line. My idea was if he can really wake he would have got up at that time. I thought he was really tired. With help of two landmarks Royal Heritage and Mphasis, i tracked down his area. Atlast i was forced to wake him up, he told me the route to his home and when i was about to reach Kemp's apartment, Police got hold of me. They enquired me. I told everything i could. Then they asked me to be safe and left the place.Atlast, Sen came down and we two went back to his room.

The area is residential and good for bachelors.The 2 BHK is good and three of them can stay comfortably. Sen and i started to plan about next couple of days. It was sad that we missed Praveen as he was out of station. The next day, the fun begun. I was the first to got up. I slept barely two hours. But i was not tired, rather i was thrilled. Then, woke up Nirmal. He was one innocent,extremely good ,God-fearing guy. We talked after a long time. I remembered it was birthday of Prabhakaran. I wished him and said that i have a plan for a get together. He agreed. We departed to Mani's home and asked Musi to join.

I was surprised that mani's room mates are seniors and very interesting guys.We ate at Anjappar and left to roam the cities.We reached Brigade Road and was awe-struck with the environment. Everyone was busy walking, talking. We were not talking about ourselves but about them. We roamed the street twice. :-) Then we went to M.G Road.We went inside Bangalore central. Senthil was searching a dress for his sisters's baby girl. We got one cute dress and came to the billing area.

Then we went to Karuda Mall. We sat in the front corridor and we were at work, no we didnt meant that we had laptops. But we were at work. Karuda mall has nice sculptures and beautiful carvings. Yes i know its not Ajanta and Ellora. But i am not lying. As a true artist, we appreciated nice sculptures but we didnt had any -ve comments but rather we made them happy.

And i forgot that i have to meet other friends. I told nith and vp that i am coming. But i didnt called them yet. Later we devised a plan to meet at dinner. But then it would be difficult for others to join. Nith and Vp are good friends from college days. I called them and informed them that we would have a get together the day after.We went back to mani's room.

In mani's room we were talking,acting,dancing and thinking. Mani and i even decided a script. But we didnt had time to execute it due to lack of actors ;-)

The next day i called Mandlin and Joel who were in electronic city. We met them in Koramangala Forum. Mandlin was my room mate for all the four years in hostel. We were very close. We utilised the time utmost by snapping some shots and window shopping.Later i called Nith, vp and pad to join us. They agreed. I called my other class mates also but due to the lack of time they didnt turned up.

We zeroed in an area. It is Indira Nagar. As usual nith started her eating spree with coconut drink. When we arrived there, nith,vp and prabhakaran were already there. We waited for pad and Nirmal to join us. We had a nice time talking, standing beside KFC.We were pulling each other legs. We opened the choculate offered by Prabhakaran and shared among us.We then zeroed in a place for lunch, decided by Nith.We ordered a table for 9 and gave them mobile number to call us back.Then we had a great lunch. We almost spend one and half hour in hotel. Then there was a drizzle. The climate is just perfect.Then the time came for departure. First nith departed then one by one. Atlast we went back to mani's home and i packed my things. I left mani's place and went with Senthil to board the the train in the station where i came from Chennai - Krishnarajapuram.I told Senthil that i was fine and i can depart on my own as i dont want him to return back at the weird hous(mid night).We saw 7/g for some time and i said bye and left the place.

Suddenly a sense of loneliness surrounded me. A desolated feeling. All that happened were so sweet but at the same time it was withdrawn before i realize.Legs failed to take another step. Right and Left of me, there was no one. Darkness feels for me by being silent. Dogs failed to bark seeing me. Moon hide her face behind the clouds.I was on the way to railway station walking.I reached railway station. Platform looked deserted except for two or three who were far from me and waiting for the train. I sat on a bench. I thought about the two days, how nice it was.Life does teaches us a lot in most hardest way.

We met by chance, destiny made us friends and made us close by keeping us far from each other to learn life in harder way. Life is really a lesson. Not sweet always!!

P.S we means Sen,Musi,Mani and me where ever applicable.

2 comments:

Indian_Explorer said...

hi Shanoof. It was a very good get together the other day. Lets have more of such things often. Probably one in Chennai? Do keep in touch always.

Shanoof Basheer said...

Yeah, that was a very memorable day. We will have one in Chennai. Sure, will keep in touch ;-)